Mitchell Thorp Foundation offers four primary programs- Medical & Home Assistance, Healing & Rehabilitation, Conversion Vans, and Youth Leadership Council. Each comprise of several support services. Programs have been structured with the intention of supporting eligible* families to achieve and maintain the Six Dimensions of Health- Occupational, Physical, Social, Mental, Spiritual, and Emotional- as defined by the National Wellness Institute.
After applying for assistance, the Board will review applications and provide services for immediate needs. The individualized services may include financial support, mental & behavioral health support, home support, medical support/advocacy, fundraisers, and/or referrals. Financial assistance saves families from financial crisis due to overwhelming medical bills. All families receive culturally competent, trauma-informed, equitable access to affordable, high-quality services, resources, and financial assistance.
Upon acceptance as one of Mitchell Thorp Foundation's client families, you will have the choice to opt-in for a free crowdfunding page to raise money for your child. All money raised goes directly to vendors of your services and there are no taxes or fees. Just send us a picture and your child's journey description and we will set it up for you.
Medical & Home Assistance Program
- Medical Treatment Services: Provide financial support for required medical treatments that are not covered by insurance, preventing families from going into debt
- Medical Equipment Services: Provide medical equipment following family assessment for need
- Transportation Services: Provide funding for gas or other transportation to aid in getting child to & from medical facilities to receive required treatments
- Hotel Stay: Covers the family’s hotel and meal expenses while away from home for their child’s treatments
- Home Assistance Services: Provide help with rent/mortgage, utilities, and home improvements
- Advocacy Services: Support for families in dealing with medical bills
- MTF Family & Child Services: Provide sibling support with tutors, therapy and family enriching camp experiences
Healing & Rehabilitation Programs
- Physical Therapy & Neuro Motor Integration Services: Not covered by insurance, Physical and Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Aqua Therapy, Hyperbaric Oxygen, Horse Therapy, Neuro Sensory Motor Integration, Neuromuscular re-education and Cancer Rehab Programs
- Integrative Medicine & Therapy Services: Osteopaths, Chiropractic Kinesiology, Nutritional Therapy, Naturopathic Medicine, Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments, Cleansing & Detoxification, Electro-Lymphatic Therapy, Cranial Sacral Therapy, Lymph Drainage, Reiki, Allergy Clearings, Acupuncture, Essential Oils, Colon Hydrotherapy, Massage Therapy, Chelation Therapy, Infrared Sauna Therapy
- Educational Sessions & Personal Self-Care Services: Mental & Behavioral health education and services; personal self-care education and services
- Counseling & Therapy Services: Equitable access to Child, Family & Marriage, Grief, Spiritual Healing, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder counseling and therapy services- from trauma and adverse childhood experiences; other Mental & Behavioral Health care services for wellbeing
Conversion Van Program
This fund is established in loving memory of Lauren Christine Francis. It was established to help families purchase wheelchair accessible vehicles, affording them the freedom to enjoy their time together. A handicap accessible mobility van is a necessity, not a luxury.
Youth Leadership Council Program
MTF is all about helping kids, we believe the youth in our community need a place to volunteer and make a difference! The primary focus areas of the group are community service, fundraising and the leadership development program. One of the core values of MTF is to empower youth and to recognize their service and accomplishments. In support of this, we have established a Youth Leadership Council, comprising of students, grades 8th-12th, from both public and private schools in San Diego County, students serve a 2 year commitment to MTF. Click here to learn more.